How to clean basketball shoes? or How to clean basketball shoes for better grip? or How to improve basketball shoe traction? Or How to clean basketball shoes? All of these questions will be answered here. Regardless of any brand, we are going to list out simple and easy steps.
1. First of all, you should clean your shoes with a clean cloth. Remove all the dirt, debris and mud that have stuck at the sole. You should clean inside as well as outside. If you want to use a shoe brush, it is also effective to remove any dirt type. But we recommend you to use a clean dampened cloth.
2. Now its times to wipe your shoes thoroughly. To do this, you will need to prepare a mixture of warm water with a liquid detergent. You can use dish soap as well. Add a few drops of detergent with warm water and mix it well. What’s next, you should apply a small amount of this mixture to wipe out your shoes. Be mindful, don’t soak the cloth. For effective results, you should remove the shoelaces to clean all the areas of the shoes without any hassle. But you will have to wash them separately as well.
Tip: There is one thing that you should keep in mind, don’t use harsh cleaners. It is true that the harsh cleaners or abrasive detergents clean out the shoes, but they can degrade the quality. Also, there is no need to sprinkle scents as they can leave a greasy residue on your shoe sole. It affects traction.
3. In this step, you have to take out the insoles from the shoes. Wash them the same mixture. Besides, the insoles need careful cleaning. For this, you should sprinkle a pinch of baking soda on each insole when you clean and dry out. The baking soda let the odors out. It doesn’t make them smelly whether you wear for a long or short time. The baking soda is useful when how to clean smelly basketball shoes.
4. Now grab your shoes and take a clean cloth. You have to soak it with regular water to make it damp. This damp cloth helps you rinse off any excess of your shoe surfaces.
5. Lastly, you have to dry your shoes. You should not place your shoes in direct sunlight as well as drying them with a hairdryer, cloth dryer and other heat sources. This might because your shoe cracks, shrink and lose their shape, so you need to dry them at airy room temperature.
Above all, these steps can be used for every type of basketball shoes except white basketball shoes.
How To Clean White Basketball Shoes?
If you want to clean white basketball shoes, then follow these tips. The reason, the white basketball shoes likely to deal with stubborn stains. So, to clean out white shoes easily without how much they are hard for you.
These tips help you to get rid of any hard stains when you are cleaning white basketball shoes.
- Firstly, you will need to grab a toothpaste which has a white color. You will need to add a dap of toothpaste, a few drops of dish detergent in cleaning warm water.
- Take a useless toothbrush to clean out the stains. You will see how magical this solution is. It let disappear all type of stains and become white shows as snow.
How to apply? You should apply this mixture on to the toothbrush surface and apply it on stains. Brush the affected area for two to 5 minutes and let them dry. After that rinse it off to remove any excess of remaining solution with a clean damp cloth. How to dry out basketball shoes? Place the shoes in airy room temperature.
Tip: don’t use gel toothpaste.
How Dry Out Your Basketball Shoes Thoroughly.
Once you have dried out your shoes, you will need to store them in a clean place where the shoes don’t get dampened. To do this, you should completely dry them. Check them by putting a newspaper inside. Then, place your shoes into individual large zip-close bags.
How Do You Clean Basketball Shoes For Grip?
To clean basketball shoes for grip, you should need to brush all debris, dust and mild at the bottom of your surface. For this, you should get a slightly damp cloth. It is recommending to clean out your shoes after each game. For thoroughly cleaning, you will need to follow the above steps.
Can I Bleach Basketball Shoes?
Well, we don’t recommend you to use bleach, hard detergent, alcohol or fabric softeners. You should take care of white basketball shoes regularly. However, we have listed out how to clean white basketball shoes. You can follow the steps mentioned on this page.
Why Are My White Basketball Shoes Turning Yellow?
This is the most common question of why do white basketball shoes turn yellow after washing. The reason might be you have placed them under the direct sunlight after washing. Or the reason might be oxidized to turn yellow when you have exposed them in the air for a long time.
The Bottom Line
All in all, there is no doubt using basketball shoes might be difficult for you. Also, basketball shoes are the most critical gears when it comes to cleaning. But did you know that the dirt basketball shoes don’t give comfort and performance in the court? Instead, a clean pair of shoes enhance confidence.
So, we have listed out easy steps of cleaning your basketball shoes at your home. For better results, you should also care them on a regular basis, so you always have the same shape and look as when you bought.
We hope you find this article useful. Besides, if you have any trouble, then you can comment below. We are 24/7 here to help you. Thank you for visiting us!
“Each and every product we feature has been selected and reviewed by our editorial & Expert team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn a commission.”